Friday 27 May 2022

Where have all the years gone?

 Do you know, it's been nine years since I last posted on here? NINE! How did that happen? Obviously I have been very slack. It's not that nothing much has happened - on the contrary: life has been busy, and often bewildering. 

Where to begin? Well, for a start I am quite a lot older now - I am 14 years and 8 months, a venerable age, I'm sure you'll agree. Apparently, if I were human, I would be 96. I don't see too many 96 year old humans doing what I do, I can tell you. For instance, here's a photo of me, taken a few weeks ago, playing football in a field with some children.


It's true I do sleep a lot these days. When you're as old as me, you need to build up your strength. But when something interesting and different happens, I'm up for it. For instance, my humans recently bought a motorhome. I was a bit dubious at first, but now I have got used to it and I have realised it means somewhere different and exciting to explore. 

So here's a photo of me taken recently in some public gardens in France. As you see, old as I am, I haven't lost my looks.



 

Of course many things have happened and a lot has changed in nine years, but one very surprising thing happened which has made quite a big difference to me. My girls don't live with us any more - they have homes of their own. The older one also has a man in her life and I like him very much. But then, for some unfathomable reason, they went and got a puppy! He is a cocker spaniel called Freddie and he is quite, quite crazy. I heard them wonder whether I was as mad when I was young and they said I WAS! Surely that can't be true.  Here's a photo of Freddie when he was quite a bit younger, in his cage (he has to go in a cage sometimes to give us all a bit of peace.)



Well, I have got used to Freddie. I had to, because I realised he was part of the family. He is annoying, and I tell him off, especially when he dives under my belly or jumps on me, but he doesn't take much notice.

I'm going to try and post a bit more often in future. I must set an example to my mistress, who, I'm afraid, has been slack too. But for now, it's time to sign off.

No comments:

Post a Comment